Sunday, June 23, 2013

Yeah! Two Hand-dyed Quilts Finished

Yesterday I finished up two quilts that I am planning on entering into our Cutting Edge group exhibit for the Pacific International Quilt Show this next October. Both quilts still need to titles and labels. I'd love some suggestions for titles, so please send me a comment on any ideas you have.

This one is made from three arashi shibori fabrics.  I wanted the fabrics to speak for themselves and did not want to take away from their strong designs by adding a lot of stitching or embellishment.



The one below is made from two ice dyed fabrics.  The side borders have embroidery and the top and bottom borders have fabrics with rubbings made from one of my linoleum blocks using oil based paint-stiks.  The top corners have angelina fibers and the bottom corners foiled designs.


  



Ok, now help me come me come up with some names for these two quilts.  Thanks for your help.



2 comments:

  1. Lovely pieces! I Immediately thought "Radiance" when I saw the top one... after studying the second one, maybe "Turbulence"? Hope at least one gets accepted for the exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great name ideas. I especially like "Turbulence" for the second one. I think I'm going to go with "Controlled Burn" for the first one, which was suggested by one of my friends.

    ReplyDelete