Monday, June 3, 2013

Beautiful Block Print

Sorry I haven't posted in over a week.  I've just been pretty exhausted.  This was one of my most difficult years of teaching and the end of the school year is always just way too busy, what with getting in all the grades, packing up the classroom and returning all the students' projects, yada, yada, yada.  This year, we also had a number of wonderful teachers retiring, so there's been a multitude of party planning and gift making/buying as well.  Today is my first true day off and I'm taking care of paperwork and 'stuff' that is way overdue. I'm hoping tomorrow some new energy will kick in and I'll be creating up a storm.

I did get a picture of a beautiful block print sent by Elizabeth, who took my block printing class. She used thickened dye to print this on fabric, which she has already pieced into a quilt.  She made a lovely, delicate carving as you can see below.


No comments:

Post a Comment