Sunday, February 18, 2018

Fabric Manipulation and Feather Stitch

This week I've been working more on my fabric manipulation piece,
 slashing away at it and stiching down triangles of fabric.


I've also been doing more embroidering on the soy-waxed, ice dyed vintage tablecloth, as part of the Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge.  This week's stitch was the feather stitch. 


I did an open and closed feather stitch as well as eighty plus french knots. We have a lot of trees in blossom right now due to the unseasonably warm weather we have been having, so that was my inspiration for this week's design.




2 comments:

  1. Your fabric manipulation piece is incredible! I've never tried this technique, but I love the color contrasts. And your hand stitching on the tablecloth is lovely. LOL, you're having warm weather and we'll be lucky if the temp gets up to 30 today here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy. I am enjoying both projects. This morning in Paso Robles, our temperature is only 24. Very cold for us. Crazy weather!

    ReplyDelete