Monday, February 12, 2018

Chain Stitch on Soy Waxed Ice-Dyed Fabric

Been busy with lots of  not so fun projects, like taxes, Medicare stuff, etc.  But found time to continue with participating in TAST (Take a Stitch Tuesday) and this last week's stitch was the chain stitch.  Here's my example done on my vintage soy-waxed- ice-dyed,  linen tablecloth, given to me by a friend.

 I'm really enjoying the embroidery. It brings back a lot of fond memories.  My mom taught all three of her daughters to embroider.  On long trips, we would take along a dresser cloth, pillow case, or towel to work on in the car. It made the time pass more quickly so we weren't constantly asking, "Are we there yet?"

2 comments:

  1. I love your memory! I was the one who drove my mom crazy with "when will we get there?" And I also learned embroidery at a young age... like what you're doing here, very pretty! Yeah, I got the taxes out of the way ASAP, just so they wouldn't be hanging over my head. Now there's more time to play! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy. I'm glad we share those same fun memories.

    ReplyDelete