Saturday, July 30, 2016

Sun Printing fabric and Painting Fabric

I painted some fabric yesterday and then put it out in the 109 degree sunshine, covering it first with all sorts of dried grass and leaves to get a subtle sun print. In that heat, it didn't take long.

I love how dyes interact with fabric, but with the drought, 
I try to be conscious of how much water I'm using and painting fabric uses far less.

Below our closeups of the fabric after it dried.



On the next piece, I painted the background, then scrunched it up slightly
 and painted a contrasting color on the tops of the folds.


Here is it drying on the line.




1 comment:

  1. Nice job! I confess, I am a dye junky, but totally get your desire to conserve water. I think it depends on what I will be using the fabric for. If I need something with a soft hand, I prefer dyes, but a lot can be done with fabric paints, as your results show.

    ReplyDelete