Monday, February 1, 2016

Playing with Solvy

I've been laying low this last weekend with a light concussion caused by being blasted in the head from a kicked soccer ball early Friday morning at school. It hit me with such force that it knocked me to the pavement.  I was totally blindsided.  The student wasn't aiming at me, but nonetheless got me.  Hopefully this will result  in a 'no ball playing area" in our quad at school, something we used to have but has not been enforced this year.

Had a little time and energy to play with making a little lacy piece with the possibility of using it as embellishment on my newest quilt.  It was fun to to it, but I don't think I'll use this particular piece here.

 
Here it is all stitched but still in the hoop with the solvy.



Here it is on one of the white sections where I was contemplating putting it. It shrunk when I removed the sulky  plastic in the water.  On to plan B. I'm keeping the 'lace' but won't use it here.







2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your concussion, Jeanne! Hope it doesn't lay you low for too long.
    I use Solvy for my shabby chic scarves, and love that it keeps everything together while I stitch the grid to hold it in place. No idea if things shrink when I rinse it out, although I do use hot water. I just saw something one of our local quilters is doing, and I'm sure she must be using Solvy in the process. She creates heart shapes with thread and some fibers, then after rinsing out the Solvy she mounts it on colored paper to make a card and/or a small piece of art suitable for framing. Simple, fairly easy to make (I'm thinking), but nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better. I know I have Solvy around here somewhere, I may have to find it and try it.

    ReplyDelete