Saturday, October 10, 2015

Dye-Na-Flow Shibori

Last week I blogged about how I added a layer of stenciling using thickened dye paste  to my hand painted scarf.  Although it added more interest, it was too subtle for me.  It needed a darker value and some spark.  I decided to try a third layer using Dye-Na -Flow paint.  I wrapped the scarf around a PVC pipe (see below)  and painted it with Emerald Green.  It took only an hour or so to dry enough to unwrap. Put it outside and in ten minutes it was completely dry.  Ironed it up and I love it.





2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Judy. Of all three layers I applied to this scarf, this was by far the easiest. No mixing of anything, no batching, no stenciling. Last Christmas I met a woman who sells T-Shirts using Dye-No-Flow Shibori and they were beautiful. That's what I'm trying next. Less water for clean up and rinsing as well, which is a major issue for where I live, drought-ridden California.

      Delete