Sunday, October 25, 2015

Designing New Quilt

Time to take some of my precious hand dyed fabrics and do something with them instead of keeping them in stacks in my overcrowded studio.  But, it's just so hard for me to cut some of these fabrics up.  However it is clearly what needs to be done.  Here's some pictures from my design wall of fabrics I'm considering for a quilt. Five of the fabrics are hand-dyed, the other six are commercial ones.



The fabric in the top right is a stitched shibori piece I made a couple of years ago. 
 That's the one that will be hardest to cup up.  


1 comment:

  1. How about if you use the shibori fabric as a centerpiece, then cut up the companion fabrics to surround it? I'm with you though... some of them are really hard to cut up! Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete