Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Painting with Cardboard

Last Friday morning, before school, I felt a strong urge to play with a technique that had been rolling around in my head for awhile, painting with cardboard. So  I put blobs (that's a technical term)  of different colors across the top of a 12 x18 sheet of paper and spread the paint down using pieces of cardboard.  I did three of these, scraping the paint around in different directions, overlapping, etc.  I really love the transparency of the paint, which created interesting overlays of colors and patterns.  After the paint dried, I mixed black acrylic with a little bit of water in a squeeze bottle and added the circular black line.

Finally, after they were all dried, I cut them out to use for cards.  I'm going to try this next on fabric. I think they would be great with hand embroidery or couched yarn.


No comments:

Post a Comment