Sunday, March 22, 2015

Painting Canvas

Last week I showed some cards cut from grid painted papers I made using acrylic paint.  This week I tried the same technique on canvas.  I stretched canvas using T pins onto a padded board.  Next I put blobs of paint which I scraped down the length and width of the fabric with hotel keycards and discarded credit cards. I used Dynaflow, which absorbed too quickly into the canvas and Pebeo setacolor which spread further.  Finally I carefully flicked fuschia and yellow.  Not sure if I want to cut it up or keep it whole, or use it for a purse.


1 comment:

  1. Fun! I first started painting many years ago, and just did abstracts, getting used to putting paint on canvas. It was very enjoyable, and got me over my initial fear of painting! Every once in awhile, I like to throw color on a white surface just to break the tension and prime the creative pump... looks like you do too!

    ReplyDelete