Sunday, January 4, 2015

Ice Dyed Fabric Quilt

Happy New Year to everyone!  Been laying low, still fighting this cold with three more days of antibiotics to take.  Hopefully by then it will be over. Had a busy weekend, helping one of our sons move out.

Found some time and energy to cut out and fuse my ice dyed fabrics, that I pieced together in November, to a black background.  Was a new way of working for me with making the cuts this way. I used clear film over the fabric to draw out exactly where I wanted the 'fractures'.  Next I  put tracing paper over the clear film to create the four pattern pieces.  Hadn't done any fusing in awhile and I find that stuff rather tricky to use, but pleased that it came out how I envisioned it.  Started to do a little stitching on it last night.  Back to work tomorrow and next weekend will be helping my other son move, so not sure when I"ll get back to it.



1 comment:

  1. Love what you've done with that great fabric, very cool! Hope you're fully recovered from your cold. And Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete