Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Fabulous Quilt Exhbit

Unfortunately, I didn't get to any quilting this weekend, as I was helping one of my sons move, but I did get to do a virtual visit to a fabulous showing of art quilts.  From November 2nd through January 4th there was a show at the  Schweinfurth Memorial Art Center in Auburn, New York.  Here is a link so you can visit too:  http://www.schweinfurthartcenter.org/exhibits/QAQ.html

Be sure to check out their virtual tour of the show. 

I've never heard of this artist before, who had a beautiful piece there entitled, "Will-o'the wisp".  His work is very amazing, very painterly.  His name is Randall Cook.  This quilt of his was in the show along with many other unique art quilts.  Here's a link to his website to check out more randallcookstudios.com

Hope you enjoy his work and the others as much as I did.




full2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment