Monday, October 27, 2014

Shibori and Tie Dye Baseball Caps

I developed an insatiable interest in all things Shibori while pursuing my Masters degree a fews ago.  This past month on the "And then we started it on Fire" blogsite  (See link in my list of blogs to the right), different artists have been presenting information and experiments on stitched shibori.  I had a couple of hours yesterday, in between grading papers, cleaning, an all the other 'stuff'  one has to get done, to play around with stitching a leaf shape,

 

then adding small washers, etc. to the inside of the shape as I was gathering it up.


 I pulled up the stitching very tightly and soaked it in soda ash for 15 minutes.  Next I squirted dyes onto it. The fabric was a commercial varigated orange to begin with.  Stay tuned for the rinse out, coming later today after work.


I recently tie dyed a hat.  A friend of mine reallylike it and asked me to make a couple for herself and husband.  Before rinsing out:



Check back later to see how these turned out.




No comments:

Post a Comment