Sunday, September 1, 2013

Garden Update

Haven't been able to get to doing too much of my own art the last week and a half, due to getting ready for school.  Last week Tuesday, I greeted 150 some students and this next week I get another 32.  Our 6th graders get PE one week, then alternate with an elective the following week.  So I have a total of 180 students to teach, grade projects, consult with their parents, etc., but only see and teach 150 daily.  I still really enjoy teaching art to kids and love how excited they get when they create something, but it is exhausting and always a little difficult getting back into the routine after a relaxing summer.

Last June, I built a raised garden bed and posted the pictures here, so am showing you what it looks like today.

  There are tomato plants on the left side and large sunflowers dwarfing the basil plants below.  I liked how my shadow superimposed on the plants in this photo. Below is another view of the box.




Here is one of three pomegranates from a tree given to me by my friend Gail.  

No comments:

Post a Comment