Saturday, September 28, 2013

Australian Aboriginal Art

Didn't get to quilt too much this last week, just a little machine quilting on my newest art quilt.  We are having major plumbing issues at home with a leak in a pipe under our slab.  Lots of fun, as you can imagine.  So most of my time has been spent dealing with plumbers and insurance adjusters and we're still not done.  My former studio, which was turned back into my son's room when he moved home, now has a gaping hole through which you can see the mud under the slab.  More jackhammering on Monday to find yet another two leaks and then hopefully it can be patched up without us having to redirect all our plumbing overhead through the attic.

So, instead of showing you pictures of that gaping hole in the floor, I thought I'd share some of my students' Australian Art compositions because they did such a great job on them.  I hope they offer some inspiration for creating quilts.  The paint they used made the paper ripple a little, so the photos aren't quite flat looking.  Once they are framed or pinned to a wall they really look great.  My 7th graders really enjoyed making these.  Hope you enjoy them too.













2 comments:

  1. These are really fabulous paintings -- I love kids' art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking Connie. The kids really enjoyed creating these and did a great job. They used spaghetti noodles for making the small dots and got a kick out of doing it that way.

      Delete