Saturday, July 4, 2020

Using Fabric Scraps to Create Cards

One of my friends was commenting on how I hadn't posted in a couple weeks, so I thought I better put something together to show I'm not being a lazy slug. I am finding it a bit difficult to focus on any longterm projects. But I have been doing a little crocheting, and making some cards to send to people in need of them. It's a good way to use up my many scraps.



I layer some fabric strips, weaving them in and out of each other and then start free motion quilting over part of the card. Then I add in more, do more sewing, etc., etc.


They're kind of fun and much faster than making a quilt and just feels right for these times.
I did get into my studio today to do some dyeing, so should be showing the results of those
 later this week.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I am using up a lot of fabric on masks, and saving more scraps... this would be a great way to put them to use, maybe when the mask demand wanes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy. Yes, I had lots of scraps from masks and other projects that I've been saving over the years. I just can't throw out beautiful fabric! They're quick to make and just fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Jeanne-
    Glad to see that you are having time to be creative again. A very attractive way to use scraps and sending an original piece of art- all is one.

    ReplyDelete