Sunday, February 2, 2020

Over Painting Fabrics

Sometimes your fabric doesn't turn out the way you envisioned it.
 Don't throw it in the rag pile yet! When that happens I paint another layer of pattern or texture on it to create more interest.  This particular piece of fabric received quite a few layers.  
First I sun-printed it, but didn't care for how it turned out.


So then I folded it into thirds both directions, placed a cd on either side of  it, 
securing it with rubber bands.


Then I squirted paint on the outside edges, letting it seep into the fabric


Then to tie it all together I stenciled dragonflies on it with an iridescent paint.



I think I finally like it! Just a reminder to not throw those 'dogs' out. Have fun experimenting with your stash of 'art goodies' and upcyle!

2 comments: