Friday, December 13, 2019

Marbled Fabric Quilt

I started a new quilt this week using some fabrics I marbled in 2013. If you have never experienced marbling fabric, I highly recommend it. It is a magical experience! When I was teaching art at the middle school, I loved seeing the students' reactions as they lifted their papers off of the marbling tub and flipped them over to see the beautiful designs they had created. They used the marbled papers to line the inside covers of small books they created. The outside covers of their books were hand stamped from blocks they carved and inked up.


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Jeanne! Marbling is something I have wanted to try forever, and just haven't made it a priority. Maybe 2020 will be the year! And I love that your students got to make such creative books. I remember making a book that I actually wrote as well as constructed, but we used wallpaper for the cover. I still have that book after all these years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What awesome fabric!! I'm sure it'll make a wonderful quilt. Happy Holidays! x

    ReplyDelete