Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Gelli Plate Prints on Fabric

I'm still having fun using art techniques with leaves
Here's a few gelli prints featuring leaves from my collection and one feather.


I really like the texture on some of these.
I plan on enhancing them with some paint and marker work.



As you can see, I first printed some different backgrounds on the cotton
 and then used the leaf as a mask as well.



This last one was a feather I found on our property. 
I love how the textures, which were printed first, came through the feather.



2 comments:

  1. These are lovely, Jeanne! I haven't used my gelli plate in awhile, but remember that it does work well for printing. I've been so busy lately doing botanical prints using steam, but when we have fresh leaves next spring, I may try your method just for a change. Leaves are one of my favorite subjects, no matter how they are portrayed. Thanks for sharing your results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy! There's so many great art techniques to try, but not enough time, space and/or money.

    ReplyDelete