Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Indigo Dyeing in the Studio

Below are photos of some more indigo pieces I made the other week.


This is a photo showing the fabrics tied, folded, clamped with rubber bands, etc. 
ready for the indigo vat.


Folded and clamped.


I used the honeycomb technique on this one twice, changing the direction of wrapping the fabric around the rope to get it darker on all four edges.


Folded and clamped with chopsticks.


Folded and clamped.


Arashi Technique on linen. The linen takes the dye beautifully.


This was a silk scarf that I overdid in the Indigo vat.



Folded and clamped with popsicle sticks to create the chevron pattern.


This was a piece on which I used potato dextrin and thickened orange dye and then who knows what else. I wanted to cover up mostly everything but the orange circles.


This was also an over-dyed piece. I used the honeycomb technique on the fabric originally
 and it just needed more. Still needs some more defining, but I have a couple of ideas for it.



Folded and clamped with wooden squares.


Folded, clamped with large metal washers.




No comments:

Post a Comment