Sunday, June 16, 2019

Shibori in the Studio with Friends

Yesterday, I had my Cutting Edge Fiber Arts over to my barn studio for our monthly meeting.
 After we were done with the business portion of the meeting we got to play with shibori techniques. I demonstrated Itajime, Arashi, and stitched shibori. 
 Sara, one of the other members demonstrated using rope to create a honeycomb pattern. 
Everyone left with at least one piece of shibori dyed fabric
 which needed to be batched and rinsed out at home.
 I can't wait to see how everyone's turned out.







Below is my Stitched Resist piece. On the top warm colored section,  I used Hishaki-nui stitching, where you fold the fabric to create symmetrical stitched shapes, in my case circles.
 I did three rows of them.
Below, in the blue area is Ori-nui, which is stitching through two layers that are folded.
The bottom area is  created through tying thread tightly around beads. 
I think I need to add something more in that section.



Below is my Honeycomb Patterned piece. Thanks for showing us this technique Sara.



No comments:

Post a Comment