Sunday, February 3, 2019

Wool Applique Workshop with Catherine Redford

     Yesterday I attended a very fun and educational workshop on wool applique and embroidery taught by Catherine Redford https://catherineredford.com/  
She gave a great presentation Friday evening called  "Trip Around The World in Folk Stitches,"
 at our monthly Almond Country Quilt Guild Meeting.
 She's very creative, multi-talented, and has a great sense of humor. I learned a lot.
 Check out her website in the link above to learn more about her. 
She also teaches classes online.



She taught us some great tips on how to applique wool and cotton shapes and then how to embellish with a variety of embroidery stitches. I love embroidery, as you might know by now, so was in seventh heaven!  Below is her sampler of what we were trying to emulate.
I haven't finished mine yet. Maybe during the Super Bowl today, I'll get it done. 


Below are more photos of Catherine's exquisite work.





1 comment:

  1. What beautiful work she does! I have just recently begun working with embroidery after a long hiatus, and am loving it. I will check out her web site for sure.

    ReplyDelete