Monday, December 3, 2018

New Quilt Planning and Piecing

I've been working on a new quilt from a pattern by Beyond the Reef company called Hang Ten,  Toes on the Nose  https://www.beyondthereefpatterns.com/patterns?lightbox=i8hnh  It's been quite challenging but fun. It's definitely kept my interest. 
With all the work we have been doing on cutting baseboards, plumbing, etc. trying to get our bathroom back to normal, after the flooding, I just needed a pattern to follow at this time. To make this pattern you start out with 10 inch squares which you cut into two 5 inch squares and some strips. You shuffle pieces and sew some pieces together, then cut, reshuffle, sew, and re-cut and shuffle, etc. I'm finally at the point where I can sew blocks together,
after having to deconstruct quite a few to get the color changes I wanted.


Couldn't resist taking pics of these gorgeous red leaves I saw in the street yesterday. 
Of course I had to pick some up to take home and press flat. 



2 comments:

  1. Love the quilt, AND the leaves! Bet you could make a leaf quilt using the photo as inspiration... that's what I used to inspire my first art quilt... great subject matter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy, I have been thinking about that very idea.

    ReplyDelete