Saturday, June 3, 2017

Quilting New Quilt

Didn't have time to post last week.  Been very busy working to get everything done at school and trying to hang in there for the last nine and a half days of teaching. Sooooo looking forward to retirement.  I did find a little time to do some quilting, by machine and hand on my latest quilt, the one for  our Cutting Edge Fiber Group to be displayed at the next PIQF in October.


I machine quilted the dark channels with lots of circles.


In other areas, I'm doing hand embroidery. And in yet other areas, I may do nothing. It's an art quilt. It won't be washed and doesn't need it. I know the trend is to machine quilt the heck out of quilts with row after row of stitching, but I kind of like that the fabric puckers a bit, like fabric, which it is.  At our last Cutting Edge meeting we had an interesting discussion about how much quilting is needed on an 'Art Quilt'.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my... you're retiring? Time to be a full time artist now, yaay! I don't know how I had time to work before I retired, but what I didn't have enough time for was my art. Now I hate when things like housework, errands and commitments get in the way of my time in the studio! Congratulations, and best wishes for your future. And BTW, I love your art quilt, and agree... you don't need to quilt the daylights out of it, if you don't want that look. Stick to your guns (and needles)!

    ReplyDelete