Monday, February 20, 2017

Reverse Applique

It's been nice having today and last Monday off to work a little bit on my quilt for our Cutting Edge Group's PIQF show. I'm using a reverse appliqué process. I haven't done much reverse appliqué, but like how it looks and think it will be the perfect way to do my idea.

Here are a few examples of my prior work with reverse appliqué.


This is part of a quilt I made for for my Master's Show back in 2010.  I really liked this part of the quilt, but the rest, not that much. I had four pieces of fabric layered together and machine stitched a design on the top layer. Then I just cut through the outlined areas to reveal some of each fabric here and there.

This is a vest I made way back when, can't even remember when,  that also has reverse appliqué.


Talk about having a target on your back!


The front was woven, fused strips.  I still enjoy wearing it now and then.


No comments:

Post a Comment