Wednesday, December 23, 2015

On the Design Wall Now

Been very busy finishing up Christmas 'stuff', like making cookies, cookie dough for sugar cookies, wrapping presents, blah, blah, blah.  Yesterday I spent a couple of hours cleaning and sorting in my studio.  It was a huge mess! Found all sorts of buried treasure.  Rediscovered and remembered at least three or four UFOs that I want to continue working on and put away some that I have lost interest in.  Picked out some fabrics to jumpstart my next two quilts, one being in reds, greens, blacks and yellow and the other the same except interchanging the red for the orange.



On the far left is an arashi shibori.  There are three that are marbled fabrics, in yellow, orange and blacks with circular motifs, and the remaining ones are itajime fabrics.

I like having projects in multiple stages, incubation, physically putting pieces together and finishing up, i.e., quilting or embroidering, in this case.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabrics, Jeanne! Looking forward to seeing how you use them. Time for me to get back to the studio... it's in total disarray as I compile some shabby chic scarves to sew. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking out my blog. As usual, It's hard to cut into these. Have to figure out what takes center stage and who the supporting actors will be. Happy holidays to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete