Sunday, June 14, 2015

Ice Dyeing with a Twist or Should I Say with a Turn

Did some ice dyeing again yesterday, but different than I've done previously.  I bundled and scrunched the  fabrics and shirt tying them with string and rubber bands, so they stayed together in a dinner plate like shape.  I placed them on a rack over a larger container, put ice on it and then sprinkled darker color dye powder on it.  Next I placed it outside for an hour or so until most of the ice had melted. Then I brought it back inside, flipped it upside down and placed ice over it followed by lighter color dye powder.

I really like the contrast in colors and textures.




The above piece is canvas.


The piece above is cotton.



This shirt looks much better when on a body.  


2 comments:

  1. Love your results! Clever, to do a double dye like that! Always something more to try, isn't there? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the results of your experiments

    ReplyDelete