Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas Everyone

My wish for everyone this Christmas is that you get to spend some time with family or friends that you love, can relax with, and really be yourself.  In addition I hope you get some time to be creative.  I'm  still embroidering Christmas gifts, which I guess I better finish today, and have had time for working in one of my sketchbooks, something I usually don't ever find time for.

Everyone has been so helpful to me as I recover from foot surgery done on the 16th.  I'm not used to, nor do I like, people doing everything for me.  I am much more comfortable  being the doer.  So thank you to all my friends for your good wishes, casseroles, phone calls, etc.  My husband has really stepped up to take over the shopping, cooking, cleaning, etc.  He's a great guy and I'm so lucky to have him.

I could show you a picture of my lovely black surgical boot, but I'm sure you've seen one before and you know what they say, "If you've seen one....."  Instead below is a picture of my favorite card received so far this Christmas, sent my my sister-in-law.  I believe they bought them in Africa, where they visited this past year, although there was nothing printed on the back of card to verify that.  I just loved the strong simplicity of the design incorporating fabric collage.


No comments:

Post a Comment