Sunday, October 20, 2013

Cutting Edge Show and Pacific International Quilt Show

Sorry I haven't posted in two weeks but it's just been a very busy time getting our house back to normal from the leak we had under our slab and I had lots of school related stuff.  Being a full-time teacher tends to be pretty full time.

Our Cutting Edge Fiber Art group had a great special exhibit at PIQF this weekend.  Here's a picture of one of my quilts there.  This one is called "Controlled Burn" and is made of arashi shirbori fabrics I dyed.


I think my favorite quilt there was this fabulous one by Kathryn Harmer Fox.  It measured 59" x 49" and was made up of many small pieces of fabric and threads, as you will see in the closeup of the eye.





Of course there were hundreds of other great quilts and too many vendors enticing all of us to spend more than we could afford.  I didn't go too crazy spending money. Being on furlough days has made me look very hard at what I buy.





1 comment: